If you are interested in sending me books to review, please keep a few things in mind:
- I am focusing heavily on items with a connection to STEAM. That's anything, fiction or non-fiction, that somehow connects to science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math. I will give preference to these items when I read and review.
- I consider both fiction and non-fiction, for babies on up through young adults, for inclusion in my library's collections. This includes titles in a graphic novel format.
- I do not review, and thus will not accept at this time, adult books, books published solely in ebook format, or self-published/vanity press titles.
- All physical review copies (i.e., not digital) see continued life after I read and review them. Sometimes I share them with colleagues who are interested in reviewing the title, but more often than not the books are used as reading incentives with young readers in my library.
- I cannot guarantee a positive review. Since this is NOT a book review blog--rather, a youth services blog with occasional book reviews--if I do not enjoy a title or think it will be enjoyed by young readers, I will not write about it here. I am, however, happy to send constructive criticism to those who provide review copies as requested.
I am happy to accept books to review at any stage, from galleys and ARCs to published titles. If you are interested in sending me a book to review, please e-mail me at amy.e.koester (at) gmail (dot) com. Also, feel free to mention if you'd like me to post a review around a certain time (e.g., release date, blog tour, etc.); I will do my best to accommodate. Do be aware that not all reviews will be posted in individual blog posts; some reviews may be posted with others in a review roundup format.